Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Too many things are occurring for even a big heart to hold,"

I have been spending a lot of time here. It's what I gravitate toward to at night, when everyone else is off to sleep, and I am left awake with my thoughts and a computer for my faithful company:

Today God graced me with a few reminders:

I have seen more butterflies in the past two days, then I have in a year's time, or I could have easily overlooked them in the past. Every time I would look out the window a butterfly would be fluttering on by with joyful ease and delight. Every time I would venture outside a butterfly would be beckoning me for a glance. So what do I make of this?

  • God is gently reminding me that He is making all things new, in His time. That this isn't all there is, that He is in this.

My eyes fell upon a scripture that I am sure I have read many times, but this time it took upon a whole new meaning, for where I am. "Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated . You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:32-39
  • God took me aside last night and used this scripture to gently remind me of what it means to trust, to have faith, to rest in Him. God used these words to tell me that I don't have to shrink back, that I don't have to run. That I can be still, that I can believe.
  • God holds everything together; He holds my heart in His hands.
My eyes are being stung with tears as I write these reminders, it's almost as if I am hearing them again, for the very first time. With these reminders, an undeniable since of hope returns to me. All is not lost.

"But the point is this: Paul didn't know where he was going, but he did know why. His compass was the heart of God." Once again, what I am left with is the obvious...I am plagued with uncertainty, but maybe plagued shouldn't be the term anymore, instead I am left with the obvious, that I am blessed with uncertainty.

"Moments come and go, and often the opportunities that lie within them leave with them. Time is a tyrant. It consumes choices left unmade. The only choices that live are the ones that are taken, but there can be momentary delays. The good news is that when you choose the good, when you choose to move with God, nothing can stop you from fulfilling God's purpose for your life." -Chasing Daylight, Erwin McManus

And with this, I am reminded, that I am more than a conqueror through Him, that loves me. Who loves me, even me. So I will choose to move with God tonight, and walk on in faith and move from these fears that want to take hold of all I am. He burdens the heart that He calls, so I will go.

Tonight's reminder of the Story:
http://www.storypeople.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment