Sunday, August 29, 2010

Nostalgia is beckoning me, so I return to photographs and memories...


Today is one of those days, when everything and everyone dear, just seem so very faraway.

It's hard seeing someone everyday and then going without seeing them at all, for years at a time.
It's hard talking to someone everyday and then going without doing so and not knowing when you'll talk again.

It's a night, where I just feel more attune to thoughts, such as these.
A night when I feel more sentimental than usual. I know, it doesn't seem possible, but it's true.

Photographs and Memories, Jason Reeves

I keep your picture by my bed for when im feeling sad
And i dont know why i would be.
The way your smile looks so real
I feel like i could start to understand your grace.
And i dont understand why you're
Not here with me.
And i dont even wanna know where else
You'd be.

Cause i have photographs and memories of the times
When you weren't on my mind and i was alone.
And i have poetry and drawings of my life
When you weren't on my side and i didn't know
Just what is love...

Writing moments on the wall with different colors
Keeps my mind away from missing you.
And i can't wait to fall asleep to slip into my dreams
Where we can dance upon a star..
And i will be as patient as a boy in love could ever be.
Cause i don't feel like i was real until you were
A part of me.

I need you back, i need you back
I need you here.
I need your smile, i need your eyes
I need you dear.
Cause every line on your face makes a beautiful maze
For my eyes to trace...

My company, my photographs and memories...
















I know I am right where I need to be, but that doesn't mean I can say, I have this all figured out.
There are days when it's hard to just simply get through; there are days when in my heart of hearts I don't even know what to do.

Praise be to Him, who loves me all the same, who sees me as a woman of promise, His beloved dame.
Praise be to my God, my King, who is enough for all of me.

He is enough for the woman stricken with "the missing" of a country, so foreign to all she knows.
He is enough for the little girl with dreams and secrets, that she'll only admit in prose.
He is enough for the woman, that is overly sentimental on days such as these.
He is enough for the little girl, who is scared to death she won't be enough, and that she will displease.
He is enough for the woman who is afraid of falling in love and being alone.
He is enough for the little girl who wants to shout at the top of her lungs of your glory, to take it the nations,
for YOU, to be made known.

He is enough for the woman and the little girl in me, and this is one of the moments,
when I trust, and I will not flee.

No comments:

Post a Comment