Thursday, August 5, 2010

Simplify. Write. Simplify.

I find myself to be avoiding the inevitable of homework and picking up the pieces in my room. A couple days after my return, I found myself having a need to rummage through what is unnecessary and rid myself of useless belongings. I found my heart needing to simplify, to immerse myself in a task to avoid getting lost in my thoughts.

So, I am in the process. Meaningless things have been bagged up. Pictures and decor have been simplified.

I still have a ways to go, of course. Which could be said of more than just my room, it could be said of where my heart is, as well.

I haven't written this much in such a long time. Albeit, most hasn't been shared on here or anywhere else, just to those closest to me. And for me that, in itself, speaks of healing and brings my heart such a great deal of peace...in knowing that the words that were once suppressed are finally coming to pass and being written onto an envelope, a scrap of paper as I am driving [so that the words aren't fleeting], to be then, transcribed onto a screen for any willing eyes to see.

So here you are. I guess you could say that I am inspired these days. It's such a beautiful feeling.

"I find myself sitting here,
and I can't help, but think of you, dear.
And wonder where you are, do you think of me...and what you would like us to be?

My heart is up for the taking,
only according to what our God is making...
of you and I."

No comments:

Post a Comment