Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Story, One Remedy:

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

There's a welcome silence that sits between You and I, here. There are tears, for not knowing what might come and for what might come. Will this just be two hearts hurt again, or will there be a different end? And there is just a silent revelry, for my present company.

II Chronicles 15:2, "The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you..."

Here is what I found in my latest re-reading of Desire: "True surrender is not an easy out, calling it quits early in the game. This kind of surrender comes only after the night of wrestling. It comes only after we open our hearts to care deeply. Then we choose to surrender, or give over, our deepest desires to God. And with them we give over our hearts, our deepest selves. The freedom and beauty and rest that follow are among the greatest of all surprises." Desire, John Eldredge

Zechariah 1:3, "Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Return to me,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'and I will return to you,' says the LORD Almighty.

I am at point, where I believe, but I need help with my unbelief. "You work all things together for the good of those who love You." Oh, how I love You, my love for You grows with each passing day. So why, why am I so afraid? My heart matters to You, and You are the author and perfecter of my faith. Alas, I am at a loss as to what to say, but that I am merely afraid.

I Peter 5:10, "In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation."

So I will look to You, with my weak faith on my feeble knees. I will look to You, and I will not cease. I will look to You with eyes full of tears....I will give You, all of my fears. I am giving You this heart of mine that is feeling love, again. I am giving you my heart, who I am, and who I have been. This is Your's for the taking, even it comes down to my heart breaking.

"I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains."
Anne Frank (Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl)

Romans 8:29-30, "God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun."

"God, You know where I've been
You were there with me then
You were faithful before
You'll be faithful again
I'm holding Your hand"

"Reminders of the story are everywhere-in films and novels, in children's fairy tales, in the natural world around us, and in the stories of our own lives. In fact, every story or movie or song or poem that has ever stirred your soul is telling you something you need to know about the Sacred Romance....Bombarded by thousands of messages every day, each one of them marked urgent, we leave behind the truly important things, the only refuge for our hearts.

God is speaking to us more often than we imagine. These are the treasures we must hide in our hearts-sew them into our jackets if need be- for the dark hours that may come. As Buechner points out:
"His word to us is both recoverable and precious beyond telling."

Reminders of the story, were found here tonight: http://www.storypeople.com/storypeople/Home.do




No comments:

Post a Comment