Wednesday, August 25, 2010

84 and counting...

84. I wear my bracelets, at all times, except for the times when I am in Mexico and a child asks me for one.
85. One of my most favorite moments, was surprising my best friend, Kristi Lee, in the airport.
86. The first time upon hearing a song, I often immediately look up the lyrics.
87. My Starbucks drink of choice is a Mocha Frappucino, with no whip cream.
88. I have a hilarious family and I have a blast visiting them in the small town of Caruthersville, Missouri.
89. I never truly had a problem with procrastination until I was in college.
90. Some of my greatest memories have been being spontaneous at all hours of the night with my dearest friends; the pictures of course, are not flattering.
91. I make a home wherever God takes me: Owensboro, KY, Evansville, IN, Highland and Valparaiso, IN, Conway, AR, Baja California, MX, Punta del Este, Uruguay, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Santiago, Chile.
92. Many times it is easier for me to write what I am feeling, rather than talk about what I am feeling.
93. I hate the phone. I am just now beginning to tolerate its' usage for long phone conversations at my age of 23.
94. I love fireflies. Seeing them brings back my fondest memories of summer.
95. I have been in almost 30 different airports, and with such travels...I have become quite fond of traveling alone. It's somewhat freeing.
96. I sing along with my radio while making my commute.
97. I have always had a dream of teaching in the Inner-City one day, having my own Freedom Writers experience.
98. My favorite actresses are Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, and Drew Barrymore.
99. I love compiling things to send in packages to my friends. Everyone needs a bit of whimsy in their lives, and I like to do my part in contributing to such: dinosaurs, ninjas, and much more...
100. I love going barefoot, especially in the sand.
101. I have an overwhelming fear of hospitals, ever since my grandfather spent three months in the hospital...all beginning on his birthday and spending the Christmas holiday in a hospital room, and him leaving us just a few days afterward. It's really hard for me to go into hospitals alone, I need a hand to hold.
102. One of the hardest moments of my life was hearing that Juan Carlos and Efrain were fighting for their lives on the other side of the world. I can still see them lost in the dense sheets, their fragile little bodies holding onto dear life. They are living miracles, I tell you.
103. I love love love vocabulary, maybe this has something do with my love for writing.


Some quotes I found just the other day, that deserve honorable mention:

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way." Pablo Neruda


"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." C. S. Lewis


"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
"Memories mean more to me than dresses." Anne Frank


"...How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face..."



"Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun."
William Butler Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment