Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the smallest of things, bring me bliss.


So, I am fan of watching the Nightly News and today is my birthday, and what is bliss to me?

…watching the Nightly News, although Brian Williams is surely missed, this evening, and in his place sits Ann Curry. Pure bliss is also listening to my Mother chop away for the beautiful Mexican cuisine that will be soon gracing our table. This is bliss to me.

This is my birthday.

You see those beautiful words, "I look forward to working side by side with you in the soil of Mexico knowing that God shaped you from the very beginning "for such a time as this."

This is a card, I will treasure forever.





A day that has been graced with many a message from all of my beautiful friends, both near and far. A day spent with- running to the grocery in search of lunch food with my dear, Mom, lunch at Subway and a trip to the movies to see Zac Efron on the big screen.

Bliss is seeing the movies that I will just have to see eventually. Movies that I will probably try my very hardest to compare to my life. This is bliss.

And this bliss, is enough. So thank You, beautiful Father, for bringing my heart bliss and contentment for using the smallest of things to remind me that it’s alright, that You are here with me, that everything will be okay.

Thank YOU.


This is a picture of my Grandfather's Bible...something I absolutely cherish. He was the epitome of the following scripture, "For this I will toil and struggle with the energy that he powerfully inspires within me." Colossians 1:29. I hope that this can one day, be said of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment