Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lost Art of Accepting Who I Am- Part Two

31. Goodbye is one of the hardest words, I've ever had to say. Sadly, it has been frequently used in my vocabulary.
32. I am not a fan of cliches. I try to avoid them, at all possible costs.
33. It's really hard for me to go a day without earrings.
34. I get really loud, when I am completely comfortable and I don't have care in the world, when I'm free.
35. I love to have dance parties in parking lots with my closest friends.
36. I have always wanted to be a part of an all boy band, Paramore, for instance =].
37. My Mom is one of my best friends. This summer has made us closer than ever.
38. I am blessed to have friends that are emotional and those that struggle with showing emotions. It keeps me balanced, I believe.
39. I don't care for eating meat, but tacos de carne asada, are something that I cannot resist.
40. I would do anything for my friends and family, and I pray that they know this.
41. I worked at the Goodwill for almost five years and with this job, I became extremely close to my fellow employees and customers. Some people find it funny, but they really are a part of me.
42. It's easier for me to get along with guys.
43. I traveled to New Orleans, a year after Hurricane Katrina, and I can still smell the air, as if I was there, right now.
44. I have been to four countries and hope to travel to many more: Uruguay, Chile, Argentina and Mexico, of course.
45. I love to read. Rob Bell, Donald Miller and John Eldredge are three of my favorite authors.
46. I love the movie Moonstruck, it's a 1987 film classic starring Nicholas Cage and CHER =]. I really cannot remember how old I was when I first watched this movie with my Mom, it's been our go-to movie ever since.
47. I graduated in a class of six [counting myself], one poor boy. My high school had thirty in all. Some of my greatest memories for sure, we were all like a dysfunctional family...with our random trips for donuts with our principal, and our class trip to Washington D.C. Oh, great times.
48. I was reprimanded for wearing too many bracelets in high school. One per hand was permitted. I had on 24. I know a tad, over the top.
49. Since spending the majority of my time in Christian school, I developed a constant fear of being immodest. It still plagues me to this day, I am just now beginning to find it okay to wear a tank top and shorts.
50. I like to leave notes on the table for waiters.
51. My favorite Mexican restaurant is El Parian, and oh, how I miss it. If only Conway weren't so faraway.
52. I still find it crazy that I had the courage to make that move eight hours away from everything I knew, to a school that I found online.
53. I love going to concerts. I try and pick up a drumstick from the drummer at each one.
54. Beauty in the Breaking was a time when I felt more of God, than ever before. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about those nights of worship.
55. I love the show Gilmore Girls. It's hard to watch these days, because of all the memories that come with it.
56. One of my greatest fears, is the thought that I will never be good enough.
57. One of my favorite pieces of jewelry just met its' end. A plastic ring Manuel gave to me two years ago; I wore it everyday since, up until two days ago, when it broke into two parts.
58. Something I will cherish forever...is the phone call I shared with Jose Manuel just a matter of weeks ago.
59. Some of my most treasured conversations have happened at all hours of the night, with people miles and miles away...
60. It's so very hard for me to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment