Tuesday, June 30, 2009

These pictures will be carried with me, alongside the dear memories that were made. It is not about the number of stars upon the ceiling,
instead it is about the attention paid to these dear, precious children.
They just long to be loved and chased in games of freeze tag.






So I haven't returned to this for a few days, in the attempts of resting, spending as much time with my family as possible, and ultimately saying goodbye and hello silmultaneously. It was hard saying goodbye to Mary Beth and Lou, the whole office staff and Suburban Bible Church, harder than I realized. It is amazing the bond that forms in such a short amount of time. Now all I have, are my memories of that beautiful time. I got home Friday evening and the Caruthersville gang showed up not too many hours later. We took them on a tour of the house and visited for awhile. Then the next morning we ventured out to the Goodwill, Tonya's favorite store, where I saw Derrick and we chatted about my possibility of coming back...It was so nice having them here. We all watched New in Town, and spent Sunday morning outside enjoying each others' company. I unpacked to pack again. Oh what a summer :]. Always on the go.


This week is passing so very quickly; I had a feeling that it would...Here it is, already Tuesday. Wow. Mom and I enjoyed catching up on So You Think You Can Dance these past two nights. It has been so nice to be back and just take all of these things in, no matter how minor they seem to everyone else. I delight in the small things, cause they are more than enough for me. Hmm.


It is so good to be home. Almost like a breath of fresh air. God is good to me. I just don't have the words to depict His beauty.


"No we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."


I am resting in the fact that God is already in Mexico, that He is waiting for me with open arms. That is what is going to keep me going; I am resting in His confidence. Knowing full well that in my weakness His grace is made perfect. That He will give me the words in the native tongue, I long to become my very own....

No comments:

Post a Comment