Tuesday, September 14, 2010

take heart


"I wish the world was flat like the old days, And I could travel just by folding a map. No more airplanes or speed trains or freeways, There'd be no distance that could hold us back."
- Death Cab for Cutie


Alas, there is so little I can do…
In such a moment, but just know that I think of you.
The miles standing in between,
Do nothing to keep the beauty from being seen.

I like to think that you know I am here,
That in spite of the distance, that I am trying to revel in for your sake, that I am near.
I like to think that when the words don’t seem to come easily,
That you know it is taking all of me, to not just be able to be there, and be your quiet company.

So this is a night, where I want you to just close your eyes,
And take comfort, in knowing that God knows your every sigh.
So this is a night, where I want you to just close your eyes,
And picture us, side by side.

We’re sitting in a bustling city, on a quiet beach,
And, there is no need for mindless speech…
Because you and I both, can welcome silence,
We’ll meet it willingly, in the place of the all-familiar distance…

So tonight, I pray you, take heart…
Rest in knowing that He and I, we aren’t going to depart.
Alas, there is so little I can do…
In such a moment, but just know that I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment