Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the little things, the unfinished things...


So these past few days have been a tad difficult. There's a busyness, in that I haven't seen my Mom since Monday, and I live with her. We are all constantly going... Dad had a wreck two days ago and no one was hurt, but if you know my past, you know he is fragile. God has brought him out of it, but it's still a daily thing. It just reminded me of how fleeting life is. How it is so easy to get lost in the routine and then come home to hearing the news that something more, like that happened. Instantly, my mind reverts back to two years ago. It just shows me that I need to delight in every moment, every opportunity, that my God gives me.

"If we believe our affairs are in God's hands, every event, whether joyous or tragic, will be taken as part of His plan." -Phillip Keller

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1


Yesterday, was one of those days when you seem to wake up with the sense that it's going to be a hard day, for whatever reason, you just don't feel like moving. That was my yesterday. So I went to work and I tried to shake off the feelings, and God placed little things in my day...to remind me that He was with me. I saw Him in Jean Marie who paid for the woman's items behind her. I saw another customer do the very same thing for some one else. I heard him in the laughter of Granny, Steve and Dallas going about their joker-like selves.

And I saw him in the guy at Starbucks who made me laugh over my paying in gold coins, the other barista replied, "don't you always just feel like a pirate, when you pay with gold coins?! Retrieving my drink that was only supposed to be a grande, to be graced with a venti.

"Life is the total sum of what you do with the moments given you." -Erwin McManus

It's the little things, I tell you. The unfinished things. God placing me back in the Goodwill, because my time there was unfinished. The little things. Waking up to an email, and knowing that I am not alone in my thinking. It's the little and unfinished things, that God is using to open my eyes to Him.

Lyrics to "Keep Looking Up," by Landon Pigg

Like a little locket hangs
Round your little neck so closely to your heart
So shall I be forever
I know you're going somewhere new
And I know it's never gonna to feel like home to you
But this time the only way around is through

So keep looking up, on past the birds
And keep looking up past the clouds
And when you reach up and clear away the stars
I will be there where you are

Like a little locket hangs
Round your little neck so closely to your heart
So shall I be forever
And even if you run away
Put on all your dark clothes, hide in shadows
Just remember one thing

Keep looking up, on past the birds
And keep looking up past the clouds
And when you reach up and clear away the stars
I will be there where you are

I will be there where you are
I will be there

Keep looking up, on past the birds
And keep looking up past the clouds
And when you reach up and clear away the stars
I will be there where you are

Keep looking up, on past the birds
And keep looking up past the clouds
And when you reach up and clear away the stars
I will be there where you are

So closely to your heart

So I will keep looking up.

Because I have my commutes, my every minute, to talk to my Father, who is always here for me. Who uses coffee outings, skype sessions, emails, texts...the little things and unfinished things, to remind that it is all going to be okay. That He will see me through, the days when I can't seem to keep my feet moving. He quietly whispers, "just look up, I am seeing you through, My strength prevails, when there is no strength left in you."




1 comment:

  1. I love you so much....this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so proud of you and its so cool that your eyes are open to God at work in things around you. Because it is so evident that he is at work IN you!!! Its been amazing getting to see you and spend time with you this week...
    You will forever be in my heart and prayers. You are so precious to me!

    ReplyDelete