Thursday, September 9, 2010

still I will hope in YOU.

My eyes fell upon Psalm 107, the other night, and the significance of them didn't fully ring true until this very moment...when I gravitated back to the Starbuck's straw paper marking these dear words. And there I found:

"Some wandered in desert wastes,
finding no way to an inhabited town;
hungry and thirsty,
their soul fainted within them.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress;
he led them by a straight way,
until they reached an inhabited town.
Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love,
for his wonderful works to humankind.
For he satisfies the thirsty,
and the hungry he fills with good things...

Their hearts were bowed down with hard labor,
they fell down, with no one to help.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress."

One word is repeated throughout this entire passage, and it brings me hope: DELIVERANCE.

And what song happens to begin to play on my Pandora just now: "CAME TO THE RESCUE."

It's a beautiful time in my life. There's been some pain intertwined, there have been days when I have wondered what I am doing, there have been moments of utter discouragement, there have been moments of weariness, there have been moments when something has been missing, there have been moments just needing to know that the field is not that far off, that this too, will all work out.

YET. There has been deliverance in the past, so everything within me knows there is deliverance in the future. My God's love hasn't changed. He has and always will come to the rescue. He is working, even when I cannot begin to see it. He has me here for a purpose, even though it is unknown to me. He has me waiting on the field for a reason. My God is a God of DELIVERANCE, AND HE CAME AND COMES TO MY RESCUE.

Still I will hope in Him, and I will wait for Him.

And if you are out there reading this, I pray that you know God, He, fights for you too.
That in our dire moments of need, we have a Father who comes, runs to our rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment