Thursday, April 1, 2010

pieces of me.


What is today, but a mere breath?

I haven't written in quite some time. Maybe because anymore...I don't allot the time for myself to do so. And today is one of those days when it seems my heart is crying out for affirmation. I know I have some beautiful people in my life that believe in me, that most importantly my God believes in me. Yet on days, like today, I can't say that I feel this truth in my heart. It's absent....and I am searching.

I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone, but myself. Yet, I am typing these words into oblivion. Perchance, they will be seen.

Distance is taking a toll on friendships, as of late. I saw them once with hopeful eyes, thinking that goodbye wouldn't be the final goodbye. Yet, I am weary of fighting alone and it seems that I just need to let go. I can't carry them anymore. I'll fight on my knees, but otherwise it's taking a toll on me. I can't do it anymore.

This is the mess of me, and the sad truth is...where is the once easily written poetry?
These words are merely pieces scattered throughout, and even writing this was difficult.

So I take a breath, and look at home, knowing it's not far off now. That is what will bring me through. You will bring me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment